When the time came to make the cookies we would roll out the dough and put in on wax paper. Me and Nana would sit at our kitchen table and cut out all shapes. We would have candy canes, gingerbread men, Santa, presents, ornaments, and of course Christmas trees. After the cookies were bake and cooled we would start the decorating. I would eat spoonfuls of icing during this process. I used sprinkles and icing to really make my creations come to life.
Tonight Chase’s family decided to have a bake off. I was hoping me and my Nana would get to make cookies but tonight wasn’t the night. All day me and chase thought of the perfect Christmas dessert to make to win the challenge. Right before we went into Star Wars, we found our recipe. Apple Pie cookies was the dessert we decided on!
There were six other people who participated in the bake-off. I had a wonderful time playing around, deciding if what we were doing right, and laughing. This night was a crazy one but it brought back so many memories of my baking times with Nana. Every time I bake I learn so many rules I didn't know before. Tonight the number one thing I learned was there’s a difference between folding and mixing.
This Christmas I have been loving wrapping presents. All my presents match (they're the plaid presents) and they have wax stamps on them. The other gifts are some gifts I have been wrapping for other people. This year I'm going for a traditional farm house Christmas Vibe.
1. The first present is just a traditional brown paper wrapping paper. I added this elastic red band to dress it up. I like this ribbon because it keeps it simple. I'm not a fan of the big bows and the frilly stuff this keeps with the theme I have going on. Also, the brown paper is a good investment for any type of celebration you need to wrap for. If you want to do this ribbon, you just tie the ribbon in a knot a little smaller than the amount you need to go around the box. Put the ribbon behind one corner, pull it around the corners next to the top and then pull it around the front of the present. It makes a little mail like present.
2. The next present is wrapped in a red and white polka dot paper. This paper also goes with the traditional farm house theme. This paper goes so good with a twine or a gold ribbon (like this present is wrapped in). I bought some Jingle Bells at target. I tied the ribbon the same way I did ^^^ on the last present and then I tied a bow with the bell inside of it.
3. The third gift is wrapped in a plaid wrapping paper. I'm really liking the simplicity of this wrapping paper but also the matching of the theme!!!! I've been using a brown twine tied in different ways. I really like the way the #3 is wrapped around the middle a couple of times. I have been using a gold wax and a 'L' wax stamp. You're probably thinking that this sounds like so much work. But the wax I have been using comes in a stick that fits in your glue gun. You just heat the wax up in your gun and put a nickel amount on to your present. You press the stamp onto the wax and wait around 30 seconds. I like to add some greenery from either the Christmas tree or the bushes outside of my house. If you want to do this you put the greenery on the present and place the wax over the top.
4. I don't have a picture of this but one of my favorite things to do with presents is wrap gifts inside of gifts. I always try to get someone with this joke every year. This year I wrapped a small gift in multiple bigger boxes and then in the final biggest box I put both of the gifts! I like to sometimes also double wrap the gifts or put duct tape around them to make them super hard to get into! I saw a picture of someone wrapping with zip ties! I think that would be a good joke to play on Christmas morning!
I would love to hear about your fav wrapping creations!
1. The first outfit is my Christmas Eve outfit. I will be wearing this outfit to church and a couple of Christmas parties with mine and my boyfriend's family. This outfit includes these houndstooth dress pants and a black turtle neck. I'm going to pair this with these black booties. I have been waiting to wear this outfit for quite some time now! I found some major inspo from Blake Lively in this photo. (I'll post mine later.)
2. Emory's favorite outfit of the season is one of her game day outfits. She says that she loves this sweater paired with the leather jacket. I really like that this is a dressed down look but you're still going to look amazing in all of the festive photo . Em says that she would pair this outfit with either some thigh high black booties or sock booties. Her sweater is from H&M and her faux leather jacket is from.
3. My next go to outfit for the holidays is this plaid skirt also paired with thigh high boots. I love this outfit with a jean jacket to bring an edgier vibe to it. The skirt is from Dress Up and so is the Jean Jacket. This outfit is a little dressier but because of the jean and plaid you don't look like you have over done it! Even though it's December and the weather is freezing (chance of snow on Christmas EEK) the only part of your body that isn't covered is the little piece of your upper thigh!
4. Emory's next outfit is something that I think would be the PERFECT New Year's Eve outfit. I love the all black of the outfit. For someone who is doing something a little less formal than the LBD I think this outfit is so in. Her shirt is from Forever 21 and she's wearing distressed black jeans. The shirt is see through but would the right bralette, like this one, you will be looking picture perfect for 2018.You could wear boots for a grunge look or heels for a more dressed up.
5. The Final Look is an ALL DRESS UP look. Emory and I both love dress up and both of us love the new arrivals. This next look is dress up and I'm loving the look. The sweater is perfect for the cold weather we've been having and the winter white is so christmasy. She's paired the sweater with black jeans, booties, and a hat. I think the hat's are in this year in such a big way, I might try to fit one into my outfits too.
"...But as he considered these things, behold, an angel of the Lord appeared to him in a dream, saying, "Joseph, son of David, do not fear to take Mary as your wife, for that which is conceived in her if from the Holy Spirit."
The message was taken from Matthew 1:18-23. This is the Christmas story of Jesus being born to Mary. Mary was a virgin and was engaged to be married. It was a very scary and uncertain situation for both her and her fiancé. In this section, the verse is telling us how an angel of the Lord came to Joseph to let him know FEAR NOT. Jesus has came and the Lord, so we can Fear Not. Jenztezen Franklin said that "Fear Not was a message for this messy age." In Luke 1:13, an angel tells Zechariah to "Fear Not for your prayer has been heard." In Luke 1:30, an angel tells Mary to "Fear not because you have found favor in God". In Luke 2:10, an angel said to the shepherds, "Fear Not, for behold, I bring you good news." Each verse you read that includes the Christmas story we are taught to not fear.
"Fear Not; because you past has been pardoned. Fear Not; because your present is powerful. Fear Not; because your future is promised."
My favorite Christmas song is "Mary did you Know?" Jason sang it this morning and its always been something that touched me. The song always make me thing about Mary and the fear she must of felt. I can only imagine how sometimes I feel like I am not worthy of the blessing's God has for me. What if Mary felt this? She received the ultimate blessing. She was able to be the mother of the Lord himself. I also, just love some of the description in this song. "Mary did you know that your baby boy will one day rule the nations?" "The sleeping child your holding is the Great I am."
Merry Christmas and remember to Fear Not because Emmanuel is God in/with/and for you.
Mary did you know that your baby boy will one day walk on water?
Mary did you know that your baby boy will save our sons and daughters?
Did you know that your baby boy has come to make you new?
This child that you've delivered, will soon deliver you
Mary did you know that your baby boy will give sight to a blind man?
Mary did you know that your baby boy will calm a storm with his hand?
Did you know that your baby boy has walked where angels trod?
And when you kiss your little baby, you have kissed the face of God
The blind will see, the deaf will hear and the dead will live again
The lame will leap, the dumb will speak, the praises of the lamb
Mary did you know that your baby boy is Lord of all creation?
Mary did you know that your baby boy will one day rule the nations?
Did you know that your baby boy is heaven's perfect Lamb?
This sleeping child you're holding is the great I am
2. T-shirts- $24
So these are not your regular cotton t-shirts. These are so soft and come in an arrange of colors. I love the scoop neck one (currently also wrapped under the tree). These t-shirts are my man's favorite thing to wear. He wears these t-shirts to church. school, and everywhere else. These are a must have!!! I also really like the long sleeve shirts. They are perfect for our crazy Georgia weather!
4. BH Cosmetics Super Nova Palette- $16
-I actually just found this brand a couple of weeks ago while shopping at Ulta. The worker helped me pick out a christmas gift and showed my these palettes. She swatched them for me and I was amazed at how pigmented a palette on the 'drugstore' side of the store was. I would recommend this palette for almost any one that is into glitters.
2. Sock Booties- $35, $79
I consider this one of the hottest trends of the last year! Everyone from Kim K to the hipster girl at Coffee shop is wearing them. I have been dying to get my hands on pair of these babies. You can dress these boots up with a slip dress or dress them down with jeans and a sweater. They literally go with EVERYTHING!!!!
3. Calvin Klein- $22, $69
#Inmycalvins might also be one of the hottest trends of 2017!!! I own more calvin Klein underwear sets than I would like to admit. Their brand has made a comeback and no matter who you're buying for you can never go wrong with underwear. My favorite thing about this set is that they are not too lingerie ish. They cover everything that needs to be covered and are also very cute. Another thing I have learned is that TJ Maxx has started carrying many sets for as little as $9!
5. Leggings- $56, $95
GOOD black leggings are a necessity. You can dress these up or wear them with an oversized t-shirt. One of the problems I have with leggings is finding the a decent spandex to cotton ratio. I would buy forever 21 leggings and they would ruin after the first wash. I have finally found the only type of leggings I will buy. I also highly recommend looking at target and TJ Maxx for thick 'good' leggings.
6. ASISCS- $54
All I can say about this is get them. I used to think these shoes were the ugliest thing you could put on your feet. This summer, tennis shoes started to hurt my feet so bad. A day of wearing my nikes my feet would ache. This shoes are the most comfortable shoes I've ever touched (besides Birks). Get whoever loves to run, walk, workout, and any other form of activities a pair of these shoes.