I'm a super nosey person and one of my favorite parts of Christmas Day is looking to see what everyone else got! I know that some people get annoyed with this and think that it's showing off! I do not feel this way at all and it honestly brings me a lot of joy! I wanted to share with you guys all the exciting presents I received.
1. The first picture if what my boyfriend got me! I got a clarisonic face brush, a pandora ring, the benefit brow kit, my favorite lush scent snow fairy, and of course fuzzy cabin socks.
3. I've always has an interest in Calligraphy. I asked for this beginners calligraphy kit to better my skills!
4. My mom got me this super cute bee shirt! I love it and can't wait to put an outfit together with it!
5. I love this Morphe 25B palette! I've used it every day since I got it and it so pigmented.
6. I started using DevaCurl products earlier this fall. One of the things I've needed is the diffuser because of the way it drys your hair without frizz. My aunt listened to my cry!!!!
7. My mom got these ASICS for me (probably so I'll stop wearing hers) and I already love them!
8. I have been wanting a "puffer jacket" better known as a down feather jacket for quite a while now! Sam's had these on sale regular $100 on sale for $24!!!
9. My newly found love affair is beanies.
10. Pretty much my second mom lathered me in highlight, eyeshadow, and plumping glosses.
11. I got this super cute headband and face mask brushes.
12. Last but not least all my lovely gift cards.
This is a semi-long post and with all my Christmas Activities going on I forgot to post yesterday!!! I wanted to share with you my Christmas Traditions.
My first celebration of the year was my lunch with my Stuart ladies. I have been working at Stuart for almost three years now! They never fail to amaze me at their thoughtful ness, the fun we have, and the amazing food we eat. We always have a lunch of amazing food and then we do secret Santa. We do it a different way then just exchanging gifts. We pick out a gift to unwrap and then the other ladies has guess who’s it for. It so awesome to see how much we know each other the gifts we would like to receive. This year I got a Chick-fil-A gift card (already been spent), a forever 21 gift card, some fuzzy socks (my fav), and some candy!!
On Friday night, me and Chase had our first Christmas celebration together. He surprised me with plans to the restaurant in downtown Buford he found. We ate right behind the piano player. Me and chase both had this scrumptious steak with Brussels sprouts. We had an awesome dinner. Afterwards, we went back home and awesome presents with the new puppy helping us. This is the first year that this tradition has happened but I hope its has many many more years to come.
Tonight we had our annual Christmas at my aunt Vicki’s. My dad’s aunt will always have a special place in my life and her house has been one of my favorite Christmas celebrations. We eat sandwiches, which is so different than any other meal I have at Christmas. Tonight we squeezed, 14 people around the table to eat. We get stocking at Vicki’s and presents. We stay for hours and just hang out and laugh. Vicki always goes all out and it makes me so happy and excited to kick off the rest of the holidays.
On Christmas Eve, my family attends the service at our church. Tomorrow it will be Sunday so we will go to church anyways. We also have our Christmas Eve at our granny’s. I’ve been going to this every year since my very first Christmas. We eat dinner and sit around and talk. After granny’s, we come home and open our presents for my family. We do stockings and have all of our family time. This is also one of my favorite times because no matter how much I think I know I'm going to receive I always get surprised.
Christmas morning; we used to wake up early and go to my great grandmothers house. She now lives with my great aunt so we go to her house and have breakfast with my huge family. This is one of the best times too because all my cousins are always there and we would eat my favorite food; breakfast food. We do white elephant gifts and this year we’re bringing our favorite snacks and mug to give away. After we get done with this we go home to relax and get ready for that night. Everyone comes to our house to celebrate with my grandma and my moms side. We eat Johnnymazeti (a German lasagna dish) every year. On Christmas night, we’ve recently started doing a tradition of seeing Star Wars or going bowling.
I’m excited for this Christmas and some of the new traditions I have started. I would like to start some traditions too. Some of them I have in mind of doing next year is; going to the Christmas tree farm, ginger bread house making, Christmas game night, and giving back.
Hope Everyone had a wonderful Christmas Eve Eve!! I would love to here about your family traditions in the comments!
Elvis might be my actual true love. I did not realize how attractive he was until I watched Blue Hawaii at my Aunt's house. This man has it all; body, looks, and most of all the voice. I was driving today and could not get Blue Christmas out of my mind so I started listening to it. Then next thing I know I had listened to the Elvis' whole Christmas album.
Since I can remember, every holiday, season, and sometimes just for fun my Nana and I bake cookies and decorate them. She had this huge Tupperware container full of cookie cutters. One of my favorite parts of cookie making traditions is the cookie dough. Nana would make a bowl of cookie dough the night before and bring it over to our house. I would sneak in the kitchen and eat little bites of the cookie dough.
1. The first outfit is my Christmas Eve outfit. I will be wearing this outfit to church and a couple of Christmas parties with mine and my boyfriend's family. This outfit includes these houndstooth dress pants and a black turtle neck. I'm going to pair this with these black booties. I have been waiting to wear this outfit for quite some time now! I found some major inspo from Blake Lively in this photo. (I'll post mine later.)
2. Emory's favorite outfit of the season is one of her game day outfits. She says that she loves this sweater paired with the leather jacket. I really like that this is a dressed down look but you're still going to look amazing in all of the festive photo . Em says that she would pair this outfit with either some thigh high black booties or sock booties. Her sweater is from H&M and her faux leather jacket is from.
3. My next go to outfit for the holidays is this plaid skirt also paired with thigh high boots. I love this outfit with a jean jacket to bring an edgier vibe to it. The skirt is from Dress Up and so is the Jean Jacket. This outfit is a little dressier but because of the jean and plaid you don't look like you have over done it! Even though it's December and the weather is freezing (chance of snow on Christmas EEK) the only part of your body that isn't covered is the little piece of your upper thigh!
4. Emory's next outfit is something that I think would be the PERFECT New Year's Eve outfit. I love the all black of the outfit. For someone who is doing something a little less formal than the LBD I think this outfit is so in. Her shirt is from Forever 21 and she's wearing distressed black jeans. The shirt is see through but would the right bralette, like this one, you will be looking picture perfect for 2018.You could wear boots for a grunge look or heels for a more dressed up.
5. The Final Look is an ALL DRESS UP look. Emory and I both love dress up and both of us love the new arrivals. This next look is dress up and I'm loving the look. The sweater is perfect for the cold weather we've been having and the winter white is so christmasy. She's paired the sweater with black jeans, booties, and a hat. I think the hat's are in this year in such a big way, I might try to fit one into my outfits too.
"...But as he considered these things, behold, an angel of the Lord appeared to him in a dream, saying, "Joseph, son of David, do not fear to take Mary as your wife, for that which is conceived in her if from the Holy Spirit."
The message was taken from Matthew 1:18-23. This is the Christmas story of Jesus being born to Mary. Mary was a virgin and was engaged to be married. It was a very scary and uncertain situation for both her and her fiancé. In this section, the verse is telling us how an angel of the Lord came to Joseph to let him know FEAR NOT. Jesus has came and the Lord, so we can Fear Not. Jenztezen Franklin said that "Fear Not was a message for this messy age." In Luke 1:13, an angel tells Zechariah to "Fear Not for your prayer has been heard." In Luke 1:30, an angel tells Mary to "Fear not because you have found favor in God". In Luke 2:10, an angel said to the shepherds, "Fear Not, for behold, I bring you good news." Each verse you read that includes the Christmas story we are taught to not fear.
"Fear Not; because you past has been pardoned. Fear Not; because your present is powerful. Fear Not; because your future is promised."
My favorite Christmas song is "Mary did you Know?" Jason sang it this morning and its always been something that touched me. The song always make me thing about Mary and the fear she must of felt. I can only imagine how sometimes I feel like I am not worthy of the blessing's God has for me. What if Mary felt this? She received the ultimate blessing. She was able to be the mother of the Lord himself. I also, just love some of the description in this song. "Mary did you know that your baby boy will one day rule the nations?" "The sleeping child your holding is the Great I am."
Merry Christmas and remember to Fear Not because Emmanuel is God in/with/and for you.
Mary did you know that your baby boy will one day walk on water?
Mary did you know that your baby boy will save our sons and daughters?
Did you know that your baby boy has come to make you new?
This child that you've delivered, will soon deliver you
Mary did you know that your baby boy will give sight to a blind man?
Mary did you know that your baby boy will calm a storm with his hand?
Did you know that your baby boy has walked where angels trod?
And when you kiss your little baby, you have kissed the face of God
The blind will see, the deaf will hear and the dead will live again
The lame will leap, the dumb will speak, the praises of the lamb
Mary did you know that your baby boy is Lord of all creation?
Mary did you know that your baby boy will one day rule the nations?
Did you know that your baby boy is heaven's perfect Lamb?
This sleeping child you're holding is the great I am
2. T-shirts- $24
So these are not your regular cotton t-shirts. These are so soft and come in an arrange of colors. I love the scoop neck one (currently also wrapped under the tree). These t-shirts are my man's favorite thing to wear. He wears these t-shirts to church. school, and everywhere else. These are a must have!!! I also really like the long sleeve shirts. They are perfect for our crazy Georgia weather!
4. BH Cosmetics Super Nova Palette- $16
-I actually just found this brand a couple of weeks ago while shopping at Ulta. The worker helped me pick out a christmas gift and showed my these palettes. She swatched them for me and I was amazed at how pigmented a palette on the 'drugstore' side of the store was. I would recommend this palette for almost any one that is into glitters.
2. Sock Booties- $35, $79
I consider this one of the hottest trends of the last year! Everyone from Kim K to the hipster girl at Coffee shop is wearing them. I have been dying to get my hands on pair of these babies. You can dress these boots up with a slip dress or dress them down with jeans and a sweater. They literally go with EVERYTHING!!!!
3. Calvin Klein- $22, $69
#Inmycalvins might also be one of the hottest trends of 2017!!! I own more calvin Klein underwear sets than I would like to admit. Their brand has made a comeback and no matter who you're buying for you can never go wrong with underwear. My favorite thing about this set is that they are not too lingerie ish. They cover everything that needs to be covered and are also very cute. Another thing I have learned is that TJ Maxx has started carrying many sets for as little as $9!
5. Leggings- $56, $95
GOOD black leggings are a necessity. You can dress these up or wear them with an oversized t-shirt. One of the problems I have with leggings is finding the a decent spandex to cotton ratio. I would buy forever 21 leggings and they would ruin after the first wash. I have finally found the only type of leggings I will buy. I also highly recommend looking at target and TJ Maxx for thick 'good' leggings.
6. ASISCS- $54
All I can say about this is get them. I used to think these shoes were the ugliest thing you could put on your feet. This summer, tennis shoes started to hurt my feet so bad. A day of wearing my nikes my feet would ache. This shoes are the most comfortable shoes I've ever touched (besides Birks). Get whoever loves to run, walk, workout, and any other form of activities a pair of these shoes.