Everyone has been through a tough break up. It’s not a pleasant time for either person. I’m going to give you some of my best tips for getting over ‘that boy’.
1. The number ONE rule for breaking up is DELETING THEM. I’m not saying be petty and block your boo after ya’ll get into a fight, or are taking a break. When you know that you and that person are over for good you need to delete him off snap and any other social media. This also means taking all the pictures off your wall.
2 .Stop communicating with the person you broke up with. I hear of so many people who keep interacting with their ex and to be honest it’s just toxic for the both of you. You broke up for a reason and either you two want to be together or you are just wasting each other’s time. Stop texting, calling or seeing each other asap
3. Speak only kind words about that person. I know that the relationship might have not turned out the way you wanted it to, but it does not mean you need to verbally destroy your ‘ex’ significant other. I promise you, during a break up is when all the drama comes out. No matter who you talk to (unless it’s your mom) the conversation will get back to the other person.
4. Do your best to avoid places you two used to go. Rather you had a favorite restaurant or you both loved getting ice cream, make sure to steer clear of these places during post break up season. You will get sad and nostalgic. The last thing you need is a cry sesh while you’re trying to eat your fav meal.
5. “The best way to get over someone is to get under someone else” is NOT a true statement. I promise you that trying to find a band aid in someone else will not make your pain go away. If anything, you will be hiding your emotions. I say you need a max of 3 weeks of you and girl time before you can think of talking to someone else.
6. Have plenty of Girl Time. Your friends are the people that will always be there all the time, your friends are the people that make you feel better. Make sure to dress up and go to dinner, or go see a movie.
7. Do NOT look back at old pictures. I do not care if it has been a couple of weeks or a couple of months. Do not let your mind trick you into start bringing out the old couple pics. Not only is it going to make you sad, it’s going to make you forget why you two broke up in the first place. There’s always a reason why you two called it quits so no matter how much you miss him, remember that reason.
8.Listen to your mom. During many relationships, my mother has told me things about a boy that I really did not want to hear. She ended up always knowing what she was talking about. Listen to her because she probably has more experience.
9. If he acts like he doesn’t care, believe him. This is a tip that goes for that weird period where you are still together but kind of at the breaking up stage. If your boyfriend is acting like he doesn’t care/ want to hang out believe him. You cannot force someone to do something they don’t want to do.
10. Do not look on his social media accounts. This means don’t go look on his twitter or his ig trying to find something out. I promise that this will make you feel even worse than when you started the search. Also, whatever you do, DO NOT GO LOOK AT HIS NEW GIRL.
Until Next Time,